A�WP 1: Project Management and Coordination
CEDARE is responsible for the overall management and coordination of the consortium through regular progress meetings and monitoring tools, managing quality control, scheduling, and communicating the project deliverables to stakeholders.
A�WP 2: Scientific Coordination
Coordination of the scientific activities is conducted by the German University in Cairo, the leader of WP-2. This work package establishes the link between the academic partners and the industry represented in SOFTEC International, as well as publishing results in scientific journals that will be published in the final phase of PHAROS project.
WP 3: User needs, functionality, and system concept
The core of PHAROS project is in WP 3, led by GUC. It aims to conduct a user needs assessment, defining all pre-trip, on-trip, and post-trip inefficiencies to be addressed by PHAROS, developing the functionalities and service analysis, and defining the system requirements and system architecture for the PHAROS solutions.
A�WP-4: Eco-trip Planning
WP-4, led by TU/e, consists of developing static routing maps and static routing models to develop an application with the following objectives:
- Identify important factors that should be considered during pre-trip route planning;
- Derive allowable routes using characteristics of the specific vehicle and considering preferred networks for drivers.
- Calculate outcome from the selected models in order to find the most cost-effective rout.
The eco-trip planning application will be generally used for manual planning of single journeys
A�WP-5 Eco-Driving navigation
WP-5 is led by GUC. The main goal of this work package is to develop a set of eco-applications that provide drivers tailored information and recommendations to adopt and maintain an eco-driving behaviour and make all drivers aware of how to drive in an optimal way to reduce fuel consumption and CO2emissions to the minimum. The specific objectives of WP5 are as follows:
- Support of on-line and mobile information services to the system users with advice on environmental conditions, in-route traffic conditions, and fuel consumption.
- Enhanced navigation services by using adaptive algorithms for dynamic route guidance and schedule (e.g. with historic data, least fuel routinga��etc).
- Cooperative eco-driving a�� providing the driver with support, feedback and guidance on a more fuel-efficient driving behaviour (e.g. CO2 production or cost/saving in monetary terms).
- On board monitoring for dynamic traffic adaptation and adaptive cruise control with the support of geographical maps and location information.
WP-6: Eco-awareness Feedback
WP-6 is led by Patras University. In order to improve the driving behavior, with the ultimate goal of reducing fuel consumption, drivers should consider the adaptation of their driving style.A� The objective of WP6 is to provide on-line and off-line advisory feedback to the driver in response to his driving behavior records. Furthermore, it is to provide statistical predictive model for the analysis of driver behavior data and history of travels.
The focus of the analysis is on how the driver has been driving compared to optimal eco-driving, taking into account the driving situation the driver was involved in, and gives related feedbacks to the driver with instantaneous feedback to adapt fuel efficient driving, and recommend fuel efficient routes based in his driving data records. The specific objectives of WP 6 are as follows:
- To analyze driving behavior using the collected online data;
- To develop a prediction model with an advisory method that alerts the driver in case of non eco-friendly driving patterns expected;
- To identify and analyze driving patterns of drivers.
WP-7: Prototype development, Deployment and Assessment
The main objective of WP7, led by Softec International, is to construct a functional prototype of a smart operational system that makes use of the work carried out in WP3 through WP6. Furthermore, those prototypes will be integrated with the Altair system that was developed and marketed by Softec International. A set of field trials will be carried out in a selected area in Cairo. The outcome will be a proof-of-concept of the PHAROS solutions demonstrated through the pilot.
The specific objectives of WP7 are as follows:
- To build the integration between different applications developed in WP4-WP6;
- To integrate the developed system with Altair system;
- To calibrate and validate the integrated model;
- To deploy, test, and refine the pilot system;
- To guarantee cross-functionality amongst modules;
- To carry out the final assessment and reporting.
A�WP-8: Sustainability and Dissemination
WP 8 is led by CEDARE and runs throughout the entire project. It aims to ensure the sustainability of the projecta��s value throughout and beyond the project duration. It also aims to disseminate information and ensure meeting the following objectives:
- Develop a practical commercialization and sustainability strategy through a participatory process to facilitate project capitalization beyond completion.
- Disseminate the project experience and results during and beyond the project to reach multiplier agents and facilitate the uptake of project results for further development.
- Facilitate the future development of supportive policy and regulatory frameworks for project capitalization.
- Manage Intellectual Property Rights and knowledge ownership.
- Ensure the visibility of the project in line with the Communication and Visibility Manual for EU external actions developed by the European Commission.